20 Jul 2015

FireAngel Carbon Monoxide Alarm Giveaway

Carbon monoxide (CO) is called the Silent Killer for a reason. The gas has no colour, no smell and is potentially deadly. It is formed when any fuel like coal, wood, oil or gas fails to burn properly, without a good supply of oxygen in the air. Exposures to high levels of carbon monoxide even for short periods of time can prove fatal.

We generally associate carbon monoxide with boilers and fireplaces in winter. Who would have thought that the gas can prove just as deadly in the hot summer months!

FireAngel Carbon Monoxide Alarm Giveaway

Summer brings with it barbecues and camping. Most of us wouldn't think twice before cooking in our tent or awning, or using a fuel burner to keep us warm on our holiday. These seemingly innocuous activities are fraught with the dangers of exposure to carbon monoxide. Each time you use a barbecue, gas cooker or heater in an enclosed space like inside a tent or caravan you are putting yourself at risk.

Gas safety champion CORGI HomePlan is campaigning for greater awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide facing campers and caravaners. They have come up with some excellent tips to make sure you stay CO safe on holiday.

Simple things like making sure you are burning fuel in a properly ventilated area, regular servicing of holiday gas appliances and watching out for the yellow (instead of blue) flame of burning fuel can make a huge difference.

A carbon monoxide alarm is a great gadget to have with you whether you are at home or going away on holiday. It is just as essential a component of your safety kit as a fire extinguisher, emergency lights and first aid kit.

CORGI HomePlan are giving away a FireAngel Carbon Monoxide alarm to one of my lucky readers. This nifty little alarm is small and portable and comes with batteries that can last up to 10 years without the need for a recharge. You can use it in your home and then take it away with you to have a safe and stress-free holiday.


FireAngel Carbon Monoxide Alarm

You can enter the giveaway via the Rafflecopter below. Good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclaimer: I was given a FireAngel Carbon Monoxide alarm in exchange for  this post. All opinions are my own.

20 comments:

  1. I actually have two of these in our home. I think every home needs one as carbon monoxide is a killer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an important message. We have this exact one and it is very useful. Carbon monoxide is so dangerous yet lots of people don't think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful that my landlord had one in my house ready for us moving in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of these in my home....I think it should be law that every home does x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have one of these and I really feel better now that we have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have this alarm too, wouldn't be without it. You have to take these things seriously for everyone's safety

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the Fire Angel products at our house

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have a carbon monoxide detector but after reading this would be wise to get one. Have entered x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We actually have one of these in our home, and some other of the fire angels products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely so important - it's vital to spread the word as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant product you can never be too careful with these kinds of things.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an important message to communicate. Must look into these, we have smoke alarms but not carbon monoxide ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We nearly died from CM poisoning in our first home and were hospitalized. We have had monitos ever since

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carbon Monoxide is a scary thing and it is so important to have one of these in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great giveaway. Such an important gadget x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have one of these and two at work and I personally think they are invaluable x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a worry isn't it? When we were looking for a new house a few years ago, I didn't want to buy one because the boiler was in a bedroom. We used to have one of these at the old house as the boiler was in a small room, but I must admit we don't have one currently.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We have one of these and it freaked me out when it sounded - thankfully it just needed new batteries

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic giveaway an important thing to have in any home.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really need to get one of these xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I like reading them all. Do leave your blog name (if you are a fellow blogger) so I can pop over for a read.

If you liked reading this post, why not subscribe to my blog? Just pop your email address in the little box below, and get all new posts delivered straight to your inbox. No spam, I promise x

Subscribe to My Blog by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner